Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:How do I create a new user account?
What courses do you currently offer?
How do I register for a course?
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
How do I cancel a registration?
What do I do if I've lost my password?
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
How do I create a new user account?In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with Valdosta State University. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account. Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
***Important Note for those paying by Credit Card
The Wait page will be displayed to you while the system is waiting for credit card approval. DO NOT move away from this page (click your Back button, select another URL, etc.) until the process is completed. If you do, the approval process is aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?We currently accept Master Card, VISA, and Discover
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?Unless otherwise stated in the course description, full refunds* minus $5 or 5%, whichever is greater, will be given by contacting the Continuing Education office at 229.245.6484 at least three working days prior to the beginning of the program. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than three working days prior to the beginning of a class, but registrants may send a substitute. For classes cancelled by Valdosta State University, registrants will be issued a full refund.
No partial refunds will be given for classes missed.
*Courses with textbooks or other materials will be subject to a materials and restocking fee. Please read the descriptions carefully.
How do I cancel a registration?You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you. Refunds for cancelled courses are subject to the refund policies noted above.
What do I do if I've lost my password?You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours/ceus/grades earned