Customer Service Excellence - Working with Diverse Internal and External Customers
Dates: February 8 - March 1, 2022
Meets: Tu from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Registration Fee: $179.00
Live online sessions from 11 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Time.
6.0 HR (General) Credits
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Each of us serves customers whether we realize it or not. We recognize the importance of providing excellent customer service to our external customers, but managers must also serve the needs of internal customers - our employees. Learn valuable and practical skills and techniques that can be applied to all customers.
- Identify internal and external customers;
- Explain the four types of advanced communication skills: active listening, anticipating customer needs, avoiding the "run around," and dealing with difficult customers;
- Describe the four types of team members: contributor, collaborator, communicator, challenger;
- Summarize various strategies for improving teamwork;
- Name and define the 7 Principles of Universal Design;
- Develop a plan to implement relevant UD principles in the work environment;
- List and explain benefits and pitfalls of social media use in internal and external customer service;
- Explain how the 4 practices of FISH Philosophy can enhance teamwork and employee effectiveness.
About your instructor...
Dr. Kimberly Tanner served 20+ years in the field of disability services in higher education. She received her Ed.D. in Adult and Career Education at Valdosta State University in 2008. She completed her B.S. in Marine Affairs and her M.S. in Human Development and Family Studies: College Student Personnel at the University of Rhode Island in 1993 and 1996, respectively. She has been trained as a Diversity Trainer through the National Multicultural Institute and as a University System of Georgia Campus Mediator and Conflict Coach through the Consortium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution. Kimberly is an instructor of Adult and Career Education at VSU and owner of Tanner Training Group, LLC. Kimberly is also a Local Coordinator for the Council on International Educational Exchange.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 179.00|
|Optional Fee||Pro Certificate||$ 0.00|
|02/08/2022||Tuesday||11 AM to 12:30 PM||Online|
|02/15/2022||Tuesday||11 AM to 12:30 PM||Online|
|02/22/2022||Tuesday||11 AM to 12:30 PM||Online|
|03/01/2022||Tuesday||11 AM to 12:30 PM||Online|